The Tiradou*** welcomes you from 30 April to 17 September 2022
Visit the Périgord Noir
Between history and heritage, the Black Perigord is a golden destination.
By staying at Le Tiradou campsite, you can visit the many historical monuments classified.
12 km from the campsite, Sarlat la Caneda medieval town, a must visit to the Dordogne
Its 1001 castles :
– Milandes Castle, 12 km away, home of Josephine Baker in the twentieth century.
– Beynac Castle, 5 minutes away, classified as a historical monument in 1944.
– Castelnaud Castle, 8 km away which houses a collection of weapons with panoramic views
of the Dordogne river.
Its most beautiful gardens :
– The Marqueyssac gardens, 22 hectares of park with a viewpoint 130m above the river.
– The gardens of the Manoir d’Eyrignac, 10 hectares of park, a romantic setting that will delight young and old alike.
Its caves and chasms :
– The Caves of Lascaux, international art center.
– The Chasms of Proumeyssac, the crystal cathedral.
Its most beautiful villages in France :
– Beynac et Cazenac, medieval village with its fortified gates and cobbled streets
– La Roque Gageac, a village of gold and light, the Gabarres are waiting for you to navigate the river
– Domme, bastide royale 210 m above the Dordogne
– Montpazier, will enchant you with its 13th century chestnut market.
Its markets and its gastronomy :
Périgord, a land of delicacies with its essential local products such as: foie gras, truffles, walnuts …
Taste richness that makes our department one of the flagship of French gastronomy.
Throughout the year stock up on Périgord products on local producers’ markets.
Pour aller plus loin…
Consultez les sites des Offices de tourisme :